Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lying Alone

I was lying alone, looking at the ceiling, thinking about you and I guess that's when it happened. I began to lose control of myself. My emotions started eating away at me, my essence, my everything.

I was lying there, wondering if you'd ever come back for me. Did you ever think of me like I thought of you? Did you ever find yourself wondering what could have been, the way I wondered every few hours when I thought I'd finally forgotten you?

Why, I wondered, could I not let you go? What did you do to me? How did you change me? How did you make me lose myself? The answers never came, and I lay in bed looking at the ceiling.

The emptiness began settling over me. I was alone. The world was quiet because despair is louder than the world. I began floating. Floating through memories of you and I. The memories rushed around me, happy and sad flying by in the blink of an eye.

My heart is bursting in my chest. I can feel it exploding with all the things you make me feel.

What is worth this much pain?

The answer? It came easily. Love.

No comments: