Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Chilly November Morning

As the chilly air embraced my body, I looked deeply into the window. My breath caught in my chest. Beyond my reality, life continued as it normally would on a November morning. But in my reality, there was only me and a piece of glass. Everything else had faded away.

The reflection didn't just hold my image, it held all of my hopes and dreams. My desires were floating around me like cotton in the spring; like I could reach out and grab true love. As if I could have a promotion clutched in my fist, a new car between my fingers, a family resting on my palm.

I stood there, dazzled. I felt a warmth inside me spread as the intoxicating image seeped into me. Suddenly, a car behind me honked and I spun around to look . When I looked back at the glass, all I saw was myself. But instead of feeling disappointed, I was surprised to find that I was charged with a sense of purpose. I knew my dreams were all around me, floating. They were all within reach, all I had to do was catch them...

No comments: