Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Love Letter

Mine -

Do you remember the night our lives changed? I remember the way you looked, the way you smiled, the way you smelled, the way you laughed and the way your shy eyes couldn't quite meet mine. That made my heart flutter. Did I ever tell you that?

The days went by, slowly at first. Every second I spent with you felt like an eternity because the world stopped when I was with you. Problems, worries, despair and frustration would melt away. The way your smile made your eyes blaze and my heart explode, I will never forget that.

Our days slid into weeks and months and as the time passed, my adoration for you only intensified. The way you snore when you sleep, stutter when you get excited telling a story, take me in your arms for no reason and kiss me in that spot that only you know. That's why I love you.

Most of all, though, I love when you look at me. Your eyes, so kind, look past me. They see into me. You see me, who I am to the myself and not the world. You see my faults, my failing, my frailty. But you see beyond it too. You discover what the world neglects: my fire, my passion, myself.

So you see, you are the one. The only one. The true one.

Missing you, why there's nothing better in the world. Because when I miss you, I think of you, and when I think of you, it makes my heart dream.

So always remember, you are mine and I am yours. We are us.

Love you today, tomorrow and forever.

-Yours

No comments: